[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The-Hogs.net - View topic - The draft game. who and why?

The draft game. who and why?

Talk about the Washington Football Team here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

The draft game. who and why?

Postby Prowl33 » Sat Apr 18, 2015 8:01 pm

Rules
Say who you want to draft and why
You cannot name a player used in the previous 5 posts
You cannot pick a position used in the last 2 posts
Previoua posts must have a recommended player in them (a post containing comments to someone elses post doesnt count)
1st round only (#5 or tradeback)

Will be fun to see some creativity, and people making points for players they dont normally rally for.

Ill take the easy job of starting.

Dante Fowler, OLB - I just love this guy for our team. Hes strong on the edge, he can lineup on either side, on the inside, or the outside of the DL in a 4-3. His versatility will make our defense unpredictable. Add on he isnt a 1 trick pony with the pass rush but is also good vs the rush and in pass defense. I think he is the 2nd best player in the draft behind Williams.

So the next 2 people cannot use a linebacker and next 5 cannot use Fowler.

the 'mudge

Re: The draft game. who and why?

Postby Countertrey » Sat Apr 18, 2015 9:57 pm

Leonard Williams, DL, because he is nearly impossible to account for as an every down defensive lineman in either a 3-4 or 4-3. His presence will push a strong meat and potatoes DL over the edge to "dominant", and will free our OLB's to attack with some abandon. In my opinion, he is the best player in this year's draft.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Apr 19, 2015 3:52 am

Game over.
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sun Apr 19, 2015 4:01 am

Hah jus messin.. hope we can somehow manage Williams, or we trade back and stockpile picks in which case id like to see Landon Collins. Hes a big ST fan and the bst Safety in the draft.. but anyway here's my choice:
Amari Cooper WR, I feel like most mock drafts are pretty accurate in who will be selected- there might be a curveball trade or two but with the board lookn like I think it will, I have to go with the BPA. I think OAK takes White and we make a pretty good WR core that much better taking Cooper. A bigger body would be nice as the division is stacked w top recievers.. having a more versatile aerial attack only makes us THAT much better! The long term prospects out weigh having to much talent at one position for one year- not to mention, injuries happen.
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby OldSchool » Sun Apr 19, 2015 1:32 pm

Trade down and get OLM.

Postby yupchagee » Sun Apr 19, 2015 11:26 pm

I hope we trade down & get Andrus Peat mid to late in the round.
Skins fan since '55

"The constitution is not a suicide pact"- Abraham Lincoln

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Apr 20, 2015 9:03 am

Speedy Gun Gordon - QB (or any position - this guy can play them all!)

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:38 am

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 10:56 am

OL-Brandon Scherff

||||||

Postby EA7649 » Mon Apr 20, 2015 2:49 pm

Oh my bad...Because we need a lineman

Hog

Postby FanofallthatisGibbs » Thu Apr 23, 2015 9:27 am

OLB Vic Beasley/Clemson

Why?
1. OLB is an area of need with Orakpo's departure
2. Beasely is one of only 11 prospective players in the draft to visit the team
3. He has tremendous upside and the kind of motor that will complement Kerrigan and the other new D-linemen
4. No one will want to trade up to 5, not at SM's asking price
5. SM tends to build the defense first. See SF and Seattle and what he has done thus far in free agency.

I'd personally be very pleased with this pick.

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Thu Apr 23, 2015 10:12 am

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

Hog

Postby FanofallthatisGibbs » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:44 am

Ok, I am obviously no mind reader. What I do know is that SM likes to take BPA and at #5 you're looking at a high likelihood of drafting a pro-bowl caliber player for your team. It perhaps has less to do with "asking price" and more to do with draft depth, for which I keep reading this one is loaded with options. I simply don't see a team desperate enough to give up their first and two second rounders to move up 4-5 spots for marginally better talent at a position of need. Who knows though... I'd welcome the trade back if it happens. But I think we can replace Orakpo and get a decent starting RT with the 1st and 2nd round picks.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Apr 24, 2015 9:06 am

If either Winston or Mariotta are on the board, the chances that there will be more than one team VERY interested will be very high. When that happens, SOMEONE will overpay. If it is not a QB, the chances of that happening go way down... Though I'm sure that if it's Williams, there would still be several teams asking. I don't think there are other players who could motivate a team to over pay.

For those wondering... Speedy gun Gordon is a free agent, so he doesn't count (though, with his skill level, I won't be surprised to see him selected with the first pick this year, and next...)

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:38 am

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Fri Apr 24, 2015 11:45 am

I am admittedly less knowledgable this year as to the college players as I have been in seasons past. My preference would be to trade down ---- my dream scenario would be to trade for CLE's 2 firsts (which would be idiotic on their part). We would then be able to get 2 impact players, perhaps even at our OL and CB/DB needs. If that doesn't work out (and I doubt it will) --- if Williams was at #5, that would be my preference.

As far as #38 and on, it is so hard to make that determination since so much can happen. Honestly, I'd want the most talented player available at OL, DL, OLB, CB, DB, WR, or QB. Past round 3, the best player available period.

I'd also love to see us draft Mannion if he's available really late. My gut is telling me he'll be gone by the 4th or 5th --- which may be too early/overvalued based on BPA strategy.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Fri Apr 24, 2015 1:49 pm

Totally with you, man. We need players. And we supposedly have a guy in charge now who is good at picking them. I have no problem with trading down if we can add a couple of picks in the first three rounds.

I'm with you on Mannion too. I've read lately that he could end up being the third QB taken.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Football Team