[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The-Hogs.net - View topic - Spring Is Here Finally And With It New Hope

Spring Is Here Finally And With It New Hope

Talk about the Washington Football Team here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Hog

Spring Is Here Finally And With It New Hope

Postby OldSchool » Mon Apr 06, 2015 4:32 pm

Despite my better judgement the incremental changes the new GM is making are giving me hope and hope is a dangerous thing for a Skins fan. The faintest of new shoots of hope emerge with each quiet transaction he makes, I am beginning to believe that if left to run the place he could help the Skins improve. The issue is always will Daniel Snyder let his employee do his job? I won't feel secure about control in 2015 until after the draft, I fear an incredible Snyder Stupid move could occur at anytime but thus far it looks like the new guy is calling the shots. With this in mind here are my hopes for 2015:

1. Finish FA and draft without any Snyder Stupid stuff. So far so good. Please no bet the farm Snyder moves this year.

2. New guys meet expectations. I don't expect each acquisition to work out great but hopefully we find that the 2015 high draft picks (1, 2, 3) and key FA meet expectations.

3. Improved defense. The unit has been bad I don't even expect them to be average in 2015 I just want to see some evidence that the new guys are going to help and the unit is somewhat improved. We have a new DC and will have some new starters so I don't expect a huge improvement but we need to see some.

4. Some improvement with the run game. Hopefully a couple of new starters on the line through FA or the draft led to more success running. I don't want the QB running I want the OL to be able to help the running backs get on track and help finish games.

5. Let Gruden run his team and start whoever he wants to maximize wins in 2015. Play the guy who knows how to play the best.

6. Improved QB play. My hope is to see consistent, average QB play in 2015, that would be better than we've seen in a long time. I'm very skeptical about Griffin's ability to process fast enough but hopefully he's been studying all winter and he'll surprise me. Cousins or McCoy will probably play only in the event of injury to Griffin or a major meltdown but I hope whoever plays the results are conclusively positive this year and we have an establish successful starter in 2016.

Pushing Paper

Re: Spring Is Here Finally And With It New Hope

Postby PulpExposure » Tue Apr 07, 2015 7:04 pm

I like the optimism. I really like that you have some left. And I like that you even have a little tiny bit of your mind open to the possibility of Griffin improving, which honestly is a rather big step for you.

I on the other hand have no optimism. I also don't expect Griffin to be any better than last year, because I feel like he's been ruined by exposure to the Redskins-Snyder "Vortex of Player Ruination (TM)".*

I won't and I cannot jump ship to another team, but I also have been burned so badly...SO BADLY, that I have no hope. I just exist and watch the wreckage that is my franchise.

I pretty much at this point feel like on my journey as a Redskins fan, I passed under the 9th gate of hell. The one labeled "Abandon all hope, ye who enter here."

*Miniature replica now available at any Redskins fan store, or at FedEx field on game days, for only $19.99, plus $45.00 fan loyalty surcharge.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Apr 07, 2015 10:01 pm

"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Pushing Paper

Postby PulpExposure » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:39 am

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:54 pm

Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans for over a decade and a half. Stay away from football operations !!!

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:12 pm

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Apr 08, 2015 6:07 pm

Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans for over a decade and a half. Stay away from football operations !!!

Hog

Postby OldSchool » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:32 pm

[quote=
Mmmmmmhhhhhhh

First, the drama, which is yet to unfold, between RGIII and Gruden will bring both down. Remember, RGIII was Snyder's choice and he -was- his spoiled brat for a while.

Second, you assume both Gruden and his new, either unproven or poorly proven (your choice), DC have something up their sleeves. They do not.

Yep, some personnel are better. Is it still enough to save Gruden from himself? I say NO for a number of reasons, including unfinished holes in the roster, but only time will tell. I have seen enough to feel that he is still not the man for the job and he may even lose the locker room as the record develops this 2015 season. No, the Skins will not have a winning season again and it will be very difficult to avoid another last place in the NFC East.

But do not let me spoil the enthusiasm of the masses on the way to the Draft. Some fans are willing to just witness some progress and THAT they will have.[/quote]

Wow! So dark but of course you may be right.

You could be right about major Gruden/Griffin conflict occurring if Griffin isn't better this year. There was a fair amount of drama last year but it paused during Griffin's injury. If Griffin doesn't some traction and start running Jay's offense better it might get real tense.

I think Gruden will benefit from low expectations this year if we are any sort of benchmark. I think most Skin fans I know would be satisfied with modest improvement. I think if the team plays a little better, some of the new guys contribute so it looks like progress Grudent will be back.

Poor ticket sales could change things and shorten the runway for Gruden. Last year Redskin tickets could had for $5-7 on Stubhub another bad year like that and Snyder might get worried about long time season ticket holders bailing on him because seats are cheap on Stubhub.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:44 pm

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:41 pm

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Thu Apr 09, 2015 8:23 am

Make no bones about it, Gurden is on the clock. He either wins this year or he’s gone and it will be a rather easy sell to the fans because of the new GM. Snyder wasn’t involved at all (is what we’ll hear form Redskins Park) it will be sold as Gruden not being a good fit for SM.
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog

Postby oj » Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:25 am

If we are to be optimistic and realistic then Gruden needs to take the QB out of the picture. RunRunPassPunt, old school football. 3rd down passes 5yds tops (which is why I was shocked when Helu left). Rely heavily on defensive play and let the kicker win the games. You know, boring football that racks up victories.
I think gruden is too inexperienced to assemble and manage a killer overwhelming offense - that is what most on here are wishing for, but we need to be realistic. The best we can hope for is to minimize the QB (our weak link) position and play our strengths, a conservative offense with a killer defense.
Molon Labe

Hog

Postby OldSchool » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:53 am

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Thu Apr 09, 2015 10:55 am

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Thu Apr 09, 2015 11:02 am

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Football Team