[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The-Hogs.net - View topic - 2021 NFL Draft

2021 NFL Draft

Talk about the Washington Football Team here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
piglet

2021 NFL Draft

Postby skins fan in indiana » Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:58 pm

I don’t know about anyone else, but with that first pick I hope they grab the best tackle on the board. There is no need to trade out of the first round pick for a QB.
HTTR For Life!

Site Admin

Re: 2021 NFL Draft

Postby admin » Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:15 pm

Definitely should be considered in my opinion.

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:38 pm

I just hope we don trade the farm to move up for a QB. Especially not one from Alabama or Ohio State.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:39 pm

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:35 pm

OT or BPA... no reason to get stupid... I hope Coach won't put up with any Snyder BS.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sun Apr 18, 2021 9:35 am

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:59 am

I've been dying to ask this draft question of some knowledgeable people. Is there a case to be made at 19 for taking the biggest stud RB? I know that position is kind of undervalued these days, but we've also seen how a young, beast running back can impact an offense. I was wondering if drafting a guy like Etienne or Harris there and have him on the rookie contract for five years is maybe more valuable than a linebacker for wins/losses?

Just curious if you had any thoughts. Something I never hear discussed by the radio guys.

I can't wait to see what the team does this year in the draft. Think we'll find out if media and fan perceptions of the team match up to what the coaches believe.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:02 pm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:04 pm

piglet

Postby skins fan in indiana » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:32 pm

HTTR For Life!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:43 pm

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:00 pm

Yeah I get it. We definitely don't NEED an RB, and I was overlooking Gibson too. I was just thinking in terms of really getting a lot of bang for the buck at that pick, RB might be the spot. You won't hear me complain if we draft OT though.

I agree with you about not getting cute. You can see all of these teams moving to get into position for one of these top four or five QBs. There's also two or three teams ahead of us that have big holes at LT. SOMEBODY has to grab Kyle Pitts early. I think this all makes it way more likely that a stud player will be available at 19. It just might not be at one of the positions we all think needs to be filled. Would you take one of the Alabama WRs if he falls that far, for example?

Man, I love the draft...

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Apr 20, 2021 3:08 pm

piglet

Postby skins fan in indiana » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:18 am

What is all the crap about them trading up to get a QB. Haven't we been down that road before?. For God sakes WFT, take the best OT or WR on the board at #19.
HTTR For Life!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:31 am

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:29 pm

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:48 pm

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:31 pm

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:24 pm

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:21 pm

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:25 pm

Btw assuming no trade up required, are there any QBs you guys would be tempted by at #19 if he fell? Lance, Jones, Fields?

Conventional wisdom would say its unlikely any of those guys are still there, but every year I watch the draft and realize Mel Kiper is guessing at stuff with about the same accuracy I am!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Apr 22, 2021 3:53 pm

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Fri Apr 23, 2021 12:35 pm

Hail to the Redskins!

Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

piglet

Postby skins fan in indiana » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:06 pm

Well, we can all agree that we pray they don't do something stupid. If they do trade down, I hope they get there guy.

Im still sticking with best OL at #19, if not OL, best WR, CB or LB on the board.

There is no question we will have alot to discuss on draft night...lol
HTTR For Life!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Fri Apr 23, 2021 2:38 pm

I was going to post my article today, but I think I am going to hold off until Monday now, but I can tell you that it is titled, History Says Washington Should Draft A Left Tackle In The First Round.

So I agree. And will leave my comments until after I have posted the article. :D

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:36 pm

kazoo

Postby KazooSkinsFan » Mon Apr 26, 2021 3:02 pm

Hail to the Redskins!

Groucho: Man does not control his own fate. The women in his life do that for him

Twain: A man who carries a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue Apr 27, 2021 12:20 pm

Here's the piece I was talking about...

Cheers.

Thoughts are welcome and appreciated.

piglet

Postby skins fan in indiana » Wed Apr 28, 2021 3:49 pm

HTTR For Life!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Wed Apr 28, 2021 4:37 pm

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat May 01, 2021 4:13 pm

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Mon May 03, 2021 12:52 pm

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Mon May 03, 2021 4:53 pm

btw what is the story with WFT only signing ONE undrafted FA this year? That seems really unusual for this team. Is that unusual for most teams?

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon May 03, 2021 8:34 pm

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Tue May 04, 2021 12:52 pm

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Football Team