[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The-Hogs.net - View topic - We are finally back

We are finally back

Talk about the Washington Football Team here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Site Admin

We are finally back

Postby admin » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:59 am

We are finally back. I'm really sorry for the absence. I understand that quite a few of the people on this board really liked using the board, despite the fact that internet trends have moved away from such communities and into the social network realm. You can read a bit about why the absence occurred .

I was unsure whether I would even re-open the forums after being closed for near on two years. To be honest, the software is out-of-date and will need to be completely re-vamped in the not too distant future. That may prove to be a big job, it may not.

So I thought what i would do for now is re-open the board... send out invitations to re-join and start from there. If people come back and use the forums, I will keep them open and make plans to update the software.

In the meantime, I am going to close registration, to ensure a more maintenance free environment - no spammers - no illicit bots. This means that if you try to return and cannot remember your login credentials, you will not be able to just create a new account. That's by design because it makes a lot more sense for me to try and allow the user to keep his old account by working with them to gain access.

If some of the community come back, we will work together to establish new rules, new forums, and decide what to do with archiving older posts. This community has always tried to be about the community and not individuals.

Lastly, if you're reading this, i just want to say, "Welcome Back!!"

I look forward to re-connecting with you... finding out how your lives are going... talk bout this Redsk... oops sorry, this Washington Football Team. Wow, some things have REALLY changed since last time you were here. :D So please... sound off, say hello, and thanks for your patronage!!!

- Mark

Brown in the Hall

Re: We are finally back

Postby NC43Hog » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:12 pm

Great to have you back.
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:23 pm

Site looks great.

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:48 pm

Woah!
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:16 pm

Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:20 pm

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:59 pm

Just wanted to say I've missed this site. Despite being able to connect with people on Facebook, etc., it's not the same.

I don't know if folks will come back around, but I'll be here if they do.

Really good to see NC43Hog and riggofan again. Been wondering how you guys -- and many others -- have been.

Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Apr 16, 2021 4:02 pm

and Jackson

Postby JansenFan » Fri Apr 16, 2021 10:41 pm

Its funny how much the work we did as a group set me up for success in my current professional work. Running a Developer Community isn’t much different. Its just Python versus Javascript instead of WFT versus Pukes.
RIP 21

"Nah, I trust the laws of nature to stay constant. I don't pray that the sun will rise tomorrow, and I don't need to pray that someone will beat the Cowboys in the playoffs." - Irn-Bru

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:23 am

=D> I don’t know about the rest of you guys but I typed in http://www.the-hogs.net into my browser once a month for the last two years and stopped about three months ago and then - boom - I got yesterday‘s glorious email.

I am pleased.

Looking forward to digging into some old posts to find some things that were posted here and only here.

HTTFT !

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:50 am

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Sat Apr 17, 2021 10:29 am

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:29 pm

You were gone?????

I didn't notice....

:lol:
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:50 am

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Mon Apr 19, 2021 2:40 pm

Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans for over a decade and a half. Stay away from football operations !!!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:38 pm

Hog

Postby Snout » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:58 pm

Good to see the site back up again. I thought it was gone for good.

By the way, why doesn't the WFT rename itself as "The Hogs"?

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:36 am

|||||||

Postby UK Skins Fan » Thu Apr 22, 2021 10:36 am

Well, I'd just like to say that I haven't missed any of you at all, but I'll probably pass by the site from time to time to offer the occasional word of wisdom to improve your lives as best I can. I know you've probably all been lost without me.
Also available on Twitter @UKSkinsFan

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:07 pm

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:12 pm

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Sat Apr 24, 2021 11:17 pm

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Sun Apr 25, 2021 9:50 am

Glad to see you too.

Happy to see the site back - missed it greatly. Time goes by - I am well, but getting up in years. 62 this year, but still play tennis 3 times a week.

Fun to see the folks returning and their avatars.

Thanks Mark for working so hard to bring us our beloved Hogs site back

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:34 am

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Mon Apr 26, 2021 1:37 pm

Man is this a new avatar for me, Boss? It looked new to me, couldn't remember it from the old site. If so, THANKS so much! My all time favorite player in my all time favorite Washington Redskins play.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon Apr 26, 2021 10:36 pm

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:13 pm

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Thu Apr 29, 2021 11:17 am

My post count was sooo perfect one post ago.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:07 pm

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Thu Apr 29, 2021 1:12 pm

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Apr 30, 2021 6:31 pm

Hey, RIC! Was thinking about you a couple of weeks ago.
"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

+++++++

Postby Wysocki » Sun May 02, 2021 4:09 pm

Great to be back!!
I'm just stirrin' the pot and living in the '70s.

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Sun May 02, 2021 11:07 pm

~~~~~

Postby Warmother » Mon May 03, 2021 8:53 am

I'm happy that the board is back. Mark thanks for finding me!
"I never apologize. I'm sorry but that's just the way I am."

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Mon May 03, 2021 10:21 am

Mark told me you were one hard WarMother to Find!!

:)

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon May 03, 2021 4:16 pm

Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun May 09, 2021 11:58 pm

Pretty quiet here. I've tracked a few people down so there may be some more rolling in.

I still haven't even spidered the site to Google yet while I have been fixing broken stuff, so that may also bring a few more people back.

But I have re-built almost all of the old pages now, so I'll get some sitemaps into Google this week and get the site re-indexed.

Don't be afraid to post. I'm too busy re-building stuff at the moment.

Plus it's post draft offseason. Yawn time. Good time for me to get everything back up and running properly.

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon May 10, 2021 2:54 am

Wow, I've been out of it for the last two years, and it turns out so was everybody else. :lol:

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon May 10, 2021 8:03 am

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Mon May 10, 2021 6:11 pm

People who I have managed to contact that will be popping by...

Chris Luva Luva
1niksder
Hailskins666
wingman
Gibbsfan

People I have still yet to contact, but would like to... so if you have any contact info, please let me know...

welch
JCaptMorgan12
LangleyParkJoe
The Hogster
TribeOfJudah
ANT7088
HEROHAMO
ferryrich
aswas71788
cowboykillerzRGiii
El Mexican
Bishop Hammer
fredp45
forskins
emoses14
hanburgerheel
HogInBlacksburg
Smithiam
PAPDOG67
mastdark81
creekchub00
markshark84
GoSkins
chiefhog44
VRIEL1
thedancingbear
MississippiHog

Most of the people listed were active when the board went down AND have been members for a loooong time... many of them more than 15 years... hence their emails on file being broken.

Any help is appreciated.

I'm not looking to get 1000s back, but I would like to have a good base of Washington fans back, so that dialogue is good and the boards are worth keeping open.

Thanks!

Site Admin

Postby BossHog » Tue May 11, 2021 2:47 pm

I submitted over 3000 links to Google today, so while it will likely take a couple of days, that should hopefully at least get the site back into the search world.

Which may bring a few people back around to the boards as well.

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Fri Jun 11, 2021 1:30 pm

:-o =D>
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Tue Sep 14, 2021 8:36 pm

Praised be!!!!

Sonova gun… idk why I tried again on a whim, but it paid off!

Idk bout y’all… but man o man am I glad we are BACK! I journeyed to the dark side, and that forum just wasn’t for me. Missed hognostications and FF with LPJ dearly!

Thanks for bringing this place back Boss, truly
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Sep 26, 2021 7:54 pm

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Football Team