[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The-Hogs.net - View topic - Who will back up Johnson?

Who will back up Johnson?

Talk about the Washington Football Team here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Skins History Buff

Who will back up Johnson?

Postby welch » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:47 pm

Last edited by welch on Mon Dec 10, 2018 9:37 am, edited 1 time in total.

08 Champ

Re: Who will back up Sanchez?

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 04, 2018 9:59 pm

what a load of crap - I hope that Jay Gruden is kept on as HC for the next 2 seasons ...
Until recently, Snyder & Allen have made a lot of really bad decisions - nobody with any sense believes this franchise will get better under their guidance
Snyder's W/L record = 45% (80-96) - Snyder/Allen = 41% (59-84-1)

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:07 am

I wish the Skins would just be honest for once. Just say we'd love to bring him in, but he has an active lawsuit against the NFL and if we brought him here to D.C. (in particular) the national news media would be a nightmare to manage...you could kiss whatever slim chance there is to salvage the season goodbye!!
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog

Postby El Mexican » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:15 am

This is a joke.

Any first-round options available?

Time to rebuild.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:01 pm

I think this is an out... But a reasonable out
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:26 pm

Personality piece on Sanchez. A bit of content, such as description of Sanchez's familiarity with coaches. Some of the Redskin plays are similar to ones that Sanchez ran with the Jets. Matt Cavanaugh explains that names are different but concepts the same.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2 ... 16f52d23bf

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:48 pm

"That's a clown question, bro"
- - - - - - - - - - Bryce Harper, DC Statesman
"But Oz never did give nothing to the Tin Man
That he didn't, didn't already have"
- - - - - - - - - - Dewey Bunnell, America

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Dec 08, 2018 5:21 pm

“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:19 pm

Last edited by cowboykillerzRGiii on Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Dec 08, 2018 6:58 pm

we don't need much from Sanchez - we just need everyone to do their jobs and to play with emotion just like the stupid giants did last week

we can win this game ... it would be a devastating loss
Until recently, Snyder & Allen have made a lot of really bad decisions - nobody with any sense believes this franchise will get better under their guidance

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:56 pm

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Dec 09, 2018 10:26 am

It's a bad situation at a key position but this is still a team game - the injuries are certainly a reason for some of the issues we're seeing but the failure to compete competitively in so many different ways is the main reason for what is happening - earlier this season this defense was ranked #1 ... the last 4 games they have averaged 430 yards and 30 points :shock:

what are the excuses for the drop off in the level of play all across the board - the FO is not being honest about what is happening - nothing new here

I know that the FO is not responsible for missing tackles, fumbling the ball or dropping catchable balls
HOWEVER
the FO is responsible for who is game planning, preparing and coaching

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:39 am

Id argue against our D coordinator... But the picks and lack of production on the other side of the ball certainly doesn't help.... At all

CKRGiii

Re: Who will back up Johnson?

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:54 pm

New thread title... Same debate...

Me? Pretty sure I can do without any foorball- Butt
Fumble at LEAST!

Call Kap already,at least work the guy out... We could mathematically still make the post season
Last edited by cowboykillerzRGiii on Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:55 pm

Who will back up Johnson ?

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:17 pm

#-o Why do people think Kap can come into this place and win??? No line, no running game, no receivers...
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:24 pm

“He was at that time the smartest player in the league. We did everything we could to try to eliminate him from the play. We knew if we didn’t neutralize him, then we had less of a chance of winning.” - John Hannah on Chris Hanburger

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:36 pm

Turns out Kap is comparable to Smith in many regards including ball security, seeing the field, arm strength, accuracy, mobility, completion %, TD/INT ratio, etc.

He is far superior to any uninjured QB on our roster.

As for the anthem issue ...

When they start playing it right before I start working I'll let you know if they let me kneel or not. In the meantime nobody seems to mind me wearing this at work as I "protest" violence while I'm "on the job."

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:53 pm

I honestly don't care one way or another...I just don't think he is the answer...or would he win...PC crap aside.

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:26 pm

Me? You????

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:37 pm

it's a shame they didn't try him out earlier - same old Redskins ... woulda, coulda, shoulda

IMO, CK was trying to make a point about social injustice - I believe he respects the flag and the anthem and the men and women of the armed services

Hog

Postby El Mexican » Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:27 pm

If Kappernick is signed I will eat my 1995 Redskins leather cap.

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:20 pm

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:23 pm

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We want heap more!

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:32 am

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:22 am

“He was at that time the smartest player in the league. We did everything we could to try to eliminate him from the play. We knew if we didn’t neutralize him, then we had less of a chance of winning.” - John Hannah on Chris Hanburger

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Tue Dec 11, 2018 10:41 am

Hog

Postby El Mexican » Tue Dec 11, 2018 3:52 pm

Last edited by El Mexican on Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:24 pm

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:17 pm

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:28 pm

Appears that Sanchez will back up Johnson. Gruden hopes that Colt McCoy will start a playoff game, if the Redskins make the playoffs. "He's healing".

Is this Snyder-Allen-Gruden fantasy, or just silly?

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Thu Dec 13, 2018 7:01 pm

the 'mudge

Postby Countertrey » Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:56 pm

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Thu Dec 13, 2018 10:21 pm

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Football Team