[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The-Hogs.net - View topic - Major fall off in participation in here

Major fall off in participation in here

Talk about the Washington Football Team here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
**ch44

Major fall off in participation in here

Postby chiefhog44 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:49 pm

I haven’t been in here recently, typically poke my head in from time to time, but this time, the drop off in participation in these topics is very evident. In fact, in reviewing the game day only threads, there used to be 10 plus pages of comments for every game (not every week but most). This year and much of last year, it’s unusual to see more than 3...sometimes just 1. Seems like after that Giants game to end the 2016 season, the fan base gave up. Same can be said for attendance at games. I’ve always called out the fans at the games for sucking (did so for the first time about 10 years ago), but now it’s complete apathy. What was once a very proud franchise is now very different. Maybe it was the exhaustion from the Kirk Cousins saga. Maybe it’s the standing for the flag issues. Maybe the fan base has finally given up on the owner. Not sure but it’s clear as day. What gives? Is the fan base giving up on this team?
Miss you 21

12/17/09 - Ding Dong the Witch is Dead...Which Old Witch? The Wicked Witch.

1/6/10 - The start of another dark era

**ch44

Re: Major fall off in participation in here

Postby chiefhog44 » Tue Dec 04, 2018 1:53 pm

Maybe it’s as easy as getting rid of Allen. I personally think Kyle Smith is a future stud GM and we need to hold onto him. I wish to GOD we held onto McVay.
Miss you 21

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Tue Dec 04, 2018 2:28 pm

I think it’s a generational issue. My son has never seen the Skins get past the first round of the playoffs. For years the Skins have lived off the great teams of the 80’s, that generation is now retiring and moving south. The Skins haven’t given the next generation much to cheer about or support.
"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:10 pm

All I ever knew of the Redskins was the Glory Years between 1972 and 1992. And then came the dark ages of Dan Snyder. Jack Kent Cooke really screwed up by not making sure the team stayed in the Cooke family. Between that and social media now dominating the internet forums have really taken a hit. There are plenty of fans still whining on Facebook and Twitter every week but I can't stand social media so I drop in here or nowhere. ExtremeSkins has always been a steaming pile of dog doo so I avoid it like the plague it is.
“He was at that time the smartest player in the league. We did everything we could to try to eliminate him from the play. We knew if we didn’t neutralize him, then we had less of a chance of winning.” - John Hannah on Chris Hanburger

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Tue Dec 04, 2018 3:15 pm

For me, it has been Dan Snyder. He does not change, and it has been almost 20 years. Kirk Cousins? Just more Snyder-ism, from the failure to extend Cousins a contract way-back-when to little Bruce Allen trying to lie about the whopping gigantic contract that he said the Redskins had offered Cousins, but which reporters counted out as both double-counting the amount Cousins was guaranteed by having been protected plus non-guaranteed future years. And Allen's "Curt" dismissal of Cousins' first name just adds to my belief that Snyder has run my life-time team into the most dismal franchise in professional sports

The goal of a professional team is to win games. Therefore, Snyder fails...and think of the Snyder teams without the four years of Joe Gibbs. Snyder's organization is failure without class. During the game last night, I remembered the Charlie Casserly / Norv Turner years: a rough start as the team adjusted to the salary cap and life without Joe Gibbs and staff, but a team that worked back to respectability. Think of Early-Snyder: signing Jeff George, firing Norv Turner, firing Turner's coaches -- including Russ Grimm and Charlie Taylor -- then firing Redskin team employees. Snyder failed failed from the beginning, and failed in a slimy way.

Snyder teams are hard to watch, but my grandfather and father became Redskin fans as soon as the team moved down from Boston, and my first football memory is of Eddie LeBaron as the starting QB. Dad told me that the Skins had had the greatest QB in all football, but that he had just retired. I was to young to know what had been the glory years. Same, I think, for Washingtonians too young to have known the Joe Gibbs years.

That some NFL players knelt during the National Anthem does not bother me a bit. That the same Bruce Allen who fouled the Redskins' QB situation sneers at the mere thought of signing Colin Kaepernick rather than Buttfumble and Whoever reinforces the thought that Dan Snyder runs the Redskins the way George Preston Marshall did. For some history, for some context out of the late-50s, when I was a kid suffering through Redskin loss after loss while Shirley Povich wrote column after column: Marshall countered thusly: You're saying white boys can't play football. Consider the soon-to-be-signed Redskin backup QB, and that in 1960, Marshall boasted that he had offered third-string QB M.C. Reynolds to the Browns for Bobby Mitchell, so that Paul Brown was keeping the Redskins from integrating. Yes, Snyder is so bad that he begins to remind me of GPM. Buttfumble might be better than M.C. Reynolds, but the next guy?

Last week, my optimistic thought was , "The Skins have not signed Kareem Hunt, yet".

So, it's prolonged Snyder-ization. I perk up when, as early this season, the Redskins show some life. The team's defense looked strong and the OL was holding up. No receivers, and Smith seemed "limited" and with a long contract, but, I thought, wait until Doug Williams drafts some receivers. Wait till next year.

And so it goes. Receivers and a good QB, and some magic on defense. The Caps are playing well, and they won the Cup, and Ovie is something like the hockey equivalent of Walter Johnson. Rizzo has made some sound moves, and, I wonder, will he sign a top-three starting pitcher? It's hard to focus on the Redskins.

~~~~~~

Postby Redskin in Canada » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:28 pm

Daniel Snyder has defined incompetence, failure and greed to true Washington Redskins fans for over a decade and a half. Stay away from football operations !!!

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Tue Dec 04, 2018 4:57 pm

This Ownership Has The Quarantine Virus..

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Tue Dec 04, 2018 8:43 pm

But good to see posts from folks I haven't seen here, at least in a while!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:56 am

There is also the whole social media thing... Twitter and fb groups... Losing is def the worst. I cant say owner, because if Dan and Bruce were running the show and we made it deep in the playoffs id be just as happy if it was Jesus
#21 forever in our hearts
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Wed Dec 05, 2018 8:09 am

"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Hog

Postby El Mexican » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:12 am

For me, down here, it's the owner. Can't stand the guy. That tends to permeate through the rest of the team.

Sadly, our team is the least popular of the NFC East, according to Google Trends. That must mean something.

(Can't place the image, but easy enough to check for yourself)

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Dec 05, 2018 11:42 am

But..... The participation has been high under Snyder is my point. When was th.net founded? Point being.. We have had a dip and it was the same owner and likely as good or worse team- we havent been "good" in decades!

I get the DS hate... Just not as a reason for less posting here
“I wanted to just… put his lights out ….because, you know, …Dallas sucks…” - Dexter Manley

Hog

Postby emoses14 » Wed Dec 05, 2018 12:56 pm

To be completely honest, I was able to withstand all of the ownership and front office bull under DS right up until RGIII's knee buckled against the Seahawks, and the fallout that ensued. The predictable dividing lines in the fanbase with respect to that debacle and then with respect to the increasing over-adulation of Cousins for the next 3 years AND the teams inability to lock that simpering, "upper range of average qb" up was the death knell for my posting habits. There's only so many times you can have the same conversation and debate about those topics before you prefer painting the guest bathroom.

It also is tiring defending a team that has sucked for so long, does the wrong thing, literally all the time, has a racist name (I love the name, I have always and will continue to defend it. I think people should stop whining about it. It is also racist and should be changed.), and really gives you nothing but (fond, awesome, historic) memories to use in arguments. It has been 30 years since Doug Williams picked himself up off the field, told Jay Schroeder to sit down and cemented my already years long fandom.

I've simply had enough of the redskins and until at least one of these things changes, I can't justify the effort it takes to watch them while living in Atlanta where they are hardly ever the game that is shown. ESPECIALLY WHEN EVER THEY ARE SHOWN NATIONALLY ON THANKSGIVING, SUNDAY AND MONDAY NIGHT BROADCASTS, IT IS SUCH A S*#!SHOW.

I miss certain players, I miss winning, I miss superbowls. What i miss most, though, is some semblance of competence anywhere within the organization. I don't actually blame only Snyder, because that is too easy, but I also have leaned in to the apathy. This, unfortunately, does not a good poster make.

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Wed Dec 05, 2018 1:18 pm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Wed Dec 05, 2018 3:33 pm

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Dec 05, 2018 5:34 pm

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Dec 05, 2018 7:22 pm

screw the doubters and screw those that think this is their space and that their viewpoint is the only one that matters

this is a place to come and post your opinions (good or bad) on the Redskins - we have gone from 6-3 to 6-6 and we could end up 4th in the NFC East - I'm VERY DISAPPOINTED

OK - Contrary to what some want you to think or know -
Dan Snyder just needs to get rid of Bruce Allen and hire a GM and let him manage the franchise like MOST of the other NFL franchises

I also don't know that we need to get rid of Jay Gruden (although the new GM might want to) - this franchise has to go through a couple of drafts to even begin to be competitive again - why not keep him here and get rid of him later
Until recently, Snyder & Allen have made a lot of really bad decisions - nobody with any sense believes this franchise will get better under their guidance
Snyder's W/L record = 45% (80-96) - Snyder/Allen = 41% (59-84-1)

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Wed Dec 05, 2018 9:27 pm

Redacted.
Last edited by Burgundy&GoldForever on Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
“He was at that time the smartest player in the league. We did everything we could to try to eliminate him from the play. We knew if we didn’t neutralize him, then we had less of a chance of winning.” - John Hannah on Chris Hanburger

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Wed Dec 05, 2018 10:19 pm

hopefully that helped you ... :roll:
Until recently, Snyder & Allen have made a lot of really bad decisions - nobody with any sense believes this franchise will get better under their guidance

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 12:37 am

I’m not sure the statement that this team will never win when Snyder is owner is true. I think it’s hope that’s keeping people from being engaged. With gruden, you have a middling coach. Those are the results you can expect. With Cousins, he’s a middling QB. Those are the results he gives. Smith is a middling QB, and it was only when he was surrounded by TOP talent, that he was winner. There’s no hope in being average.

I think if Snyder brought in a forward thinking President and GM, who hired a progressive young head coach, I think the fan base would support that. There would be hope. RG3 brought hope and the fans were out full force. But the retread idea is is getting old. The hiring of a coaching staff that has never sniffed success anywhere is an issue. It doesn’t provide any hope. Unfortunately we let McVey walk...and I think that was a HUGE organizational mistake. Using data analytics to HELP build teams, along with cutting edge offensive minded coaches is what we need. Problem is, this owner and many of the fan base are still stuck in decades old “run the ball and stop the run” mentality. Not saying that can’t work, but this franchise has yet to show it’s able to think outside the box.

Think outside the box. Push to be ahead of the curve. You are a young aggressive owner... hire an aggressive young GM, and aggressive young head coach. Not some pansy GM and conservative head coach that doesn’t know how to go for the throat.
Miss you 21

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Dec 06, 2018 3:49 am

Id hire Ohio st coach and draft his qb... Hope

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Thu Dec 06, 2018 4:01 am

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:12 am

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Thu Dec 06, 2018 6:14 am

**ch44

Postby chiefhog44 » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:30 am

Miss you 21

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:06 am

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:09 am

FanFromAnnapolis

Postby Irn-Bru » Thu Dec 06, 2018 10:34 am

I'm enjoying seeing the long-timers post in this thread.

I share many, if not most, of the thoughts and sentiments expressed in this thread regarding the team and its management. Back in 2004 when this board was new, we all knew Snyder was not a force for good, but we hoped for growth and maturation — and everyone thought perhaps we were seeing it with the hiring of Joe Gibbs.

I held out hope as long as I possibly could, well past the point of rational thought, that maybe Dan Snyder would develop as a person and owner into someone who could do the right thing as a rule and lead the franchise to success. I'm not sure when I entirely let go of the idea, but I think it was not too long after Robert Griffin's knee gave out on the tattered pit Snyder had painted green and called a field. I've since watched this franchise, its decisions and performance, with increasing detachment.

In the meantime, it became difficult for me to ignore the problem with violence and player safety in the league. There has been progress on this front, but the way the NFL is handing it, as usual, is to pile on more rules and complexity — which leads to farcical outcomes in some cases (such as this year's 'body weight' controversy). I'm glad they are doing what they can to eliminate head-to-head hits, but I would much prefer that the league simplify rules to create new emphases instead of bolting on ad-hoc adjustments and tweaks to a fundamentally broken system. Rethink, rework, rewrite. But I digress.

Now, I could probably put up with this tension if the NFL's product on the field, and on TV, wasn't so poor and seemingly getting worse. The things I've always hated: stoppages, commercials, endless replays on loop to figure out if X happened before Y, the clock running after a player goes out of bounds, breaks between scores, flags on a quarter of the plays, watching coaches' reactions, catching drama on the sidelines and other 'side plots', games hinging on a bad penalty call . . . it never gets better, and usually gets more aggravating every year.

It's almost as if every adjustment they make to the gameday experience is designed to minimize the time spent playing the game, or at least to get that part over with as efficiently as possible, and to maximize the network's value-added entertainment and, of course, commercials. I resent that I have to 'pay' to watch by giving the network an equal or greater amount of my time and attention on the bull$#@% instead of the game. (Why can't I have a viewing experience like I get when I watch soccer and rugby?) It's all becoming too irritating to put up with, especially when I'm not fanatical about the team playing.

This is the first year I've accidentally missed entire quarters of a Skins game because I was busy with something else and forgot they were playing. I've even skipped a couple of entire games, and I don't regret it. I wouldn't have believed you in 2004 if you told me that's where I'd be in 2018.

As for this board, well, I think as a technology it fit a great niche a decade ago but has less of a place in today's Internet. And that's OK. What Mark built was amazing for its time, and for many years we had the best place on the web to talk about the Skins. I've met several board members in real life, which has been a privilege, and have become true friends with a couple of you, which is an even greater privilege. It was a home for fans before social media existed, a place to talk not just football but life. THN was special.

I wish I had more to contribute to this community, but the truth is my perspective on this team and the game itself has changed and it's just not as relevant in my life. I have very little to say about this team, except those words I still sing every time I watch them: Hail to the Redskins! Despite the pessimism I shared above, I still believe I'll hang on as a fan long enough to see better days.

Hog

Postby grampi » Thu Dec 06, 2018 5:30 pm

What do you expect. This team has gone from a once great and proud team, to the laughing stock of the league...and it's all because of Danny Boy...if the team had stayed in the Kent Cooke family, they'd probably be still winning...

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:38 pm

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Dec 06, 2018 9:37 pm

luck has nothing to do with who wins or loses - some franchises are structured to handle the injuries and the setbacks that are a part of the NFL better than others - while we hope to be lucky enough to win each game, most NFL franchise ensure that luck will have nothing to do with the outcome

we don't need no stinking excuses - we are who we are and the next man up needs to play his tail off this Sunday

HTTR

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Fri Dec 07, 2018 1:51 am

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:37 am

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Fri Dec 07, 2018 10:20 am

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Fri Dec 07, 2018 3:10 pm

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:36 pm

I rest my case - teams with people in charge that know what they're doing, manage to get through the setbacks that all NFL franchises go through

it's very unfortunate that we've had an unbelievable number of injuries the past 2 seasons but we've had 19 years of having bad management here and the record of under 8 wins per season over that span is not mainly due to injuries

actually to be factual - it hasn't been due to bad management it's been more due to no management
having Vinny Cerrato and Bruce Allen advising Dan Snyder is not a recipe that too many franchises will follow

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:55 pm

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Sat Dec 08, 2018 4:15 am

Guice wouldve been THAT guy... I guess Alfred Morris breaking records doesnt count? Oh... And CT being one of the best players on the O doesnt count either?

ALL teams deal with injuries... BUT, its actual factual rap supernatural- we've had the MOST injuries National.

That isnt an out. Isn't an excuse.. Just real life facts

Teams lose a guard... Maybe a tackle too. We've literally lost the whole damn line and 2 qbs! 2 starting wide outs?
Now the center (thats moved around) is hurt, Mosses playing hurt all season, best LT in the game had surgery in season.. Like, wtf? Blame that on people? Its mind boggling how much adversity we've faced- and came out half eay through the season 0as top dawgs in the East! Pretty? Naw... But i see the difference from back then and now.

Just a fwiw- whats Djax and Garçon doing this weekend???????? Sucked to see em go, they had like a 1/4 tank left and wanted top dollar- similar to Kurt Grossman thinking he is Brett Favre..

The process can be gruelling, but the culture has changed- except the fan base has given up. Norman called us out... Gave away tickets... Yet still we cant back our squad win or lose???

Born in 85 here... Learn-ed of the HOGs and the glory days from Gibbs. But have been faithful through poop pile after poop pile- and its getting better despite the recent decline.

HC? GM? Nah... If we want to win the division NOW, I'd offer a 5th for RG3. Fa kit

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:09 pm

we don't need to do anything stupid anymore - that's why we're in the mess we're in

the thing is we don't have anyone that knows how to rebuild this roster

piglet

Postby heatman28 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:07 pm

Still talks of signing kaperdick (a total disgrace to this Nation), overpaid crybabies kneeling during the National Anthem and disrespecting our flag, and a liberal commissioner that has no balls to stand up for what is constitutionally right in this country! I am done with this team and I am done with the *f$ck* NFL! All you people that disagree can have this stupid BS! I have been a fan for 45 years and now I am DONE! BYE BYE NFL LOSERS!

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Tue Dec 11, 2018 5:15 pm

Hog

Postby Hooligan » Thu Dec 13, 2018 3:53 am

I've been here a long time in the background and have since vanished, popping in on rare occasion to see what's going on, so I'll throw in my $0.02

I pretty much threw in the towel when NFL players really started using the game as their political soap box. I watched football on the weekends as a break from work and the constant bombardment of news, politics, social media, etc. When I had to start watching the players and owners using the NFL to demonstrate and dragging all that crap into what was supposed to be pure entertainment I started doing other things with my time. Being very pro-police with family and friends in law enforcement, it really grated on me when my 'Skins ran out of the tunnel with that "hands-up" BS. It was pretty much down hill from there.

As for the team/owner/whatever, I enjoyed the ups and downs. RG3 didn't pan out, but showed flashes of what the team could be with a superstar. I still feel that if Shanny & Son had taken better care of him and Robert took better care of himself, the sky was the limit. I thought the team was finally starting to find some stability and identity between both the Shanahan and Gruden hires. It looked like the ups and downs were beginning to trend upward. Oh well.

As for the board: used vinyl is making a real comeback so I don't need to log in to hear broken records. The previous comment about the endless Snyder and Front Office bashing being a downer is accurate. It's a guaranteed thread-killer.

You guys are great and I miss loving football and refreshing the long game day threads. I just can't get into it anymore.

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Fri Dec 14, 2018 11:41 pm

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Tue Dec 18, 2018 5:24 pm

^^ this is hilarious - sorry welch, I was a little busy last w/e - what a nightmare it is to be a Redskins fan and want so badly for this franchise to be managed by someone other than Dan Snyder - even a hopeless GM, like some of the guys here, could do a better job than Dan Snyder :lol:

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Tue Dec 18, 2018 11:36 pm

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Dec 19, 2018 2:54 pm

CKRGiii

Postby cowboykillerzRGiii » Wed Dec 19, 2018 3:03 pm

Hog

Postby VRIEL1 » Mon Dec 31, 2018 9:56 pm

Personally it's all the above.

I'm tired of the losing, the bad play calls, the lack of planning for the team we are playing, the lack of halftime adjustments, a HC who's known for developing QB's not developing a QB, an offensive line that can't block, no wide receiver that can catch, Players kneeling for the Anthem, etc. etc.

How to fix this mess:
1. Fire Bruce Allen or move him away from daily football operations.
2. Fire Jay Gruden.
3. Go find Scot McCloughan and grovel. Promise to double his salary. Sign an agreement Mr. Snyder will allow Scot to do his job with out meddling.
4. Do whatever it takes to get Nick Saban. If he won't budge then IDK... hire a proven HC at whatever the cost. Has anyone hired that ex Greenbay Packers coach yet?
5. Lastly... it's a hot topic. Ugly topic. but fans left in droves because of it.... Mr. Snyder should pass a team rule no kneeling during the Anthem. Apologize to the fans. Make punishment for the rule a game suspension with loss of pay for that game to go to the Veterans Administration or an organization that helps Widows of fallen officers.

Yes losing caused fans to leave. Losing for 15+ yrs has caused fans to dwindle. but the whole kneeling issue pissed off a lot of fans. Look at the statistics. A large % left because of it. Many of my friends have found .... "other things to do" because of it. It kinda pissed fans off that players can't wear different socks, can't wear different shoes, can't wear tape with messages on it, can't wear a t-shirt of their chosing at an after game media session but it was no punishment for kneeling. Not sure why the big issue over something that is 1% of 1% of Black dying. I guess no one cares about the 97% of Black deaths.... which is Black on Black crime.

Sorry if I ruffled feathers. But no matter which side your on as an owner you need to think about how to fill seats, get them purchasing food and items, and get the season ticket holders back.

Hog

Postby SKINS#1 » Tue Jan 01, 2019 11:43 am

I haven't been on the site for a long time because watching/supporting the Redskins was no longer enjoyable. There are a host of reasons the Redskins have failed and for me it starts with DS. Until he sells the team I don't expect any change in results. I'm not wasting my time as there are 2 many other things to do and enjoy. Good Luck to all the Redskins fans that remain.

Brown in the Hall

Postby NC43Hog » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:49 am

At least we have good avatars.

:lol:
"Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son." - Dean Wormer

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Wed Jan 02, 2019 9:55 am

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Wed Jan 02, 2019 3:37 pm

+++++++

Postby Wysocki » Wed Jan 02, 2019 5:39 pm

What Welch said...
I'm just stirrin' the pot and living in the '70s.

Joe's#1Fan

Postby gibbsfan » Wed Jan 02, 2019 8:44 pm

I'm with welch too

DarthMonk

Postby DarthMonk » Wed Jan 02, 2019 10:42 pm

Scalp 'em, Swamp 'em,
We will take 'em big score!
Read 'em, Weep 'em Touchdown,
We want heap more!

Hog

Postby markshark84 » Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:40 am

I really like this website and community. The reason for my drop-off in posts/interest was a result of Scot's firing and not facebook or any alternative venues to discuss skins topics. When Scot was fired, it solidified my opinion that Danny boy is 100% incapable of being a hands-off owner. He did to Scot the same thing he did to anyone with a backbone that has been part of this organization --- fired them prematurely before their efforts/investment could materialize, defamed their character, and destroyed everything they were building upon. The fact the Astros won the WS and share the same sports ownership/management/FO philosophies I do only increased my interest in them (and therefore away from the skins). I feel like the success of the Caps is having a similar effect to those in DC. And honestly, the only reason I checked in here was to see if there were any anti-Danny boy rumblings similar to what I have been seeing in the Washington post and other places.

Fans can say what they want, but a new GM, coach, QB, draft picks, etc. won't resurrect this organization. We have had all those things in the past 20 years under Danny boy and he will do to future ones what he has done to all the past quality GM (we have only had 1 under Danny boy), coaches, QBs, and draft picks --- destroy them on account of his ego. Until Danny boy leaves, this franchise is a loser and waste of time. I will always love my skins, but I see no point in wasting my time or caring. I remember being upset when we lost and truly happy when we won. Those feelings are long gone. Pure, unadulterated apathy has set in.

I have said this numerous times over the past 10 years here, but I haven't given a cent to the franchise since 2000. I bought unlicensed jerseys and had a friend screenprint redskins t-shirts. I don't even do that anymore.

If fans truly want change, they need to completely destroy the franchise to the point Danny boy would have to sell, and then rebuilt it from scratch with a new, hands-off owner that puts real football minds in charge. Nothing else will work.
RIP Sean Taylor. You will be missed.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Wed Jan 09, 2019 7:03 pm

I'm tired of hearing one idiot repeat the same thing in every discussion. It's not even his own ideas he's repeating. It's not cute or funny. It ruins discussion forums. There's a reason there are so few people here beyond just that the Redskins suck and there's no hope of them ever being anything better. That's bad enough. But some of us are old enough to remember when they sucked before Gibbs and we didn't bail out on the team. Of course, back then we didn't have thirty-five year old "fans" living in their parent's basement and concern trolling forums on a daily basis. As bad as the team is there are thousands of Redskins forums more active than this one. There's one reason for that. No one wants to hear the same idiot repeat the same idiocy ad nauseum. Once is enough for any point or non-point. Life is too short to have it wasted by people with nothing to add. There are people here with a lot to add. Unfortunately their discussions always get buried by the same person. If this forum had a working mute function it would go a long way.

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:11 pm

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:28 pm

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Thu Jan 10, 2019 7:33 pm

I agree, B&G. I pay attention to what the Redskins do, and pay special attention once the season starts. Hope? Nope. GP Marshall was just as hopeless, and more out-front than Snyder. Marshall "was always a showman but not a football man", as my dad used to say. Marshall didn't bother to hire public relations staff to slew stupidity at us...Marshall just threw it where Shirley Povich could sling it back onto Marshall's head.

There was no hope with Marshall, but Marshall had a stroke that gave Edward Bennett Williams control of the team, and Williams sold a controlling chunk to Cooke. Not likely to happen with Snyder.

Meanwhile, the Nats just signed Brian Dozier to play 2B, and they seem still to be bidding for Bryce Harper. And the CAPS play tonight.

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:01 am

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:12 am

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Fri Jan 11, 2019 11:44 am

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:14 pm

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:19 pm

Skins History Buff

Postby welch » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:36 pm

I think the important move for the Browns came when they hired John Dorsey as GM. He seems like a professional, and he built the KC Chiefs. Snyder fired Charlie Casserly and hired Vinnie Cerrato about 2000. After four seasons when Joe Gibbs seemed to have more influence, it was back to Cerrato when Gibbs retired. Then Bruce Allen.

The future? Snyder ought to hire a good GM, having failed for 20 years with Cerrato and Allen. Draft the best players possible but ignore QB and tank in 2019. Then look for a QB.

Hog

Postby Burgundy&GoldForever » Fri Jan 11, 2019 12:56 pm

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Fri Jan 11, 2019 2:19 pm

Yeah, that's a great point about John Dorsey.

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Football Team