[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 483: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/bbcode.php on line 112: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is no longer supported, use preg_replace_callback instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4752: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4754: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4755: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/includes/functions.php on line 4756: Cannot modify header information - headers already sent by (output started at [ROOT]/includes/functions.php:3887)
The-Hogs.net - View topic - Spring Is Here Finally And With It New Hope

Spring Is Here Finally And With It New Hope

Talk about the Washington Football Team here. Do you bleed burgundy and gold?
Diesel

Re: Spring Is Here Finally And With It New Hope

Postby DEHog » Wed Apr 15, 2015 3:51 pm

"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:13 pm

Sean Taylor starting free safety Heavens team!

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:33 pm

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:42 pm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"You can't do epic **** with basic people." - DJax
"We're on the rise, man, whether you're on the train or not." - Josh Norman

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:44 pm

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

|||

Postby HEROHAMO » Wed Apr 15, 2015 5:50 pm

21 Forever

"The show must go on."

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:40 am

"Sean Taylor is hands down the best athlete I've ever coached it's not even close" Gregg Williams 2005 Mini-Camp

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:45 am

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Thu Apr 16, 2015 7:49 am

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:40 am

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Thu Apr 16, 2015 8:43 am

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:29 am

I'll be very surprised if these guys can have this franchise competing for a playoff spot this season - that's what "playing meaningful games in December means - are you kidding me ... good luck with that - this franchise will take more than 1 season to get better and I doubt that this HC is going to be here in 2016 so the whole process has to start again - I do think we'll see progress but it's going to take time

I hope that Jay Gruden can do a lot better job than last season because he did not look at all like a HC IMO

I'm done here - Jay Gruden will likely lose his job because he's not a good HC not because of our wins and losses
Until recently, Snyder & Allen have made a lot of really bad decisions - nobody with any sense believes this franchise will get better under their guidance
Snyder's W/L record = 45% (80-96) - Snyder/Allen = 41% (59-84-1)

Diesel

Postby DEHog » Thu Apr 16, 2015 11:59 am

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Thu Apr 16, 2015 12:41 pm

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:00 pm

I could care less what any other franchise does

this franchise needs major help in so many areas from what we saw last season - that is not happening in one year

I'm not drinking that cool-aid anymore
Until recently, Snyder & Allen have made a lot of really bad decisions - nobody with any sense believes this franchise will get better under their guidance

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:41 pm

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Thu Apr 16, 2015 4:27 pm

but, Spring is here and many Redskins fans can point to all the good things and know that we'll be better this year ...

after all - all we need to do is stop losing games we should win and ... plus the O line is going to be a lot better and we have 3 QBs on the roster, at least 2 of them are a lot better than ... well somebody - wait and see, we'll be playing for the NFC East title this season

give me a break

Hog

Postby OldSchool » Fri Apr 17, 2015 2:30 pm

Best I can hope for is progress not a winning year. After watching football teams for over 50 years I can recognize when a team is improving and that is all I hope to see and all I think fans should hope for in 2015. If we see improvement it will mean Scot is helping and Gruden is coaching the squad up and maybe, just maybe Snyder is letting guys do their jobs. In my view no real progress can be achieved if Snyder meddles or is not satisfied to let employees run the football operation, but if he finally will stay out the way the process of long term improvement can start. None of the choices thus far seem like Snyder decisions and because of that I have faint hopes again.

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:06 pm

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:12 pm

Last edited by riggofan on Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:19 pm

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:34 pm

I do think the Redskins can finish at 7-9 - they just need to win the games they should and get lucky with a couple of others

I'm really more concerned with the FO doing a better job of adding some players and having a plan for this franchise for the long term

my next concern is that we find out where we are with RG3 - hopefully these guys can help him over the next 2 season to become a good NFL QB - If not, I hope Cousins can carry the load until we get a good one - I do not have faith in Cousins becoming a good NFL QB, I do think he's a good back-up QB and certainly adequate to fill in until we find a really good one - I'm not a QB guru, just my opinion

lastly - I'm really concerned about Jay Gruden - he needs to do a much better job

if the FO and Scot can add the players that will give us a good offensive line in 2017 and a decent defense we should be OK

this season's win/loss record is not near as important to me as building this franchise back into a good team again

it will take time - but it would be nice to see them starting to add young players that can help this franchise for many years to come

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:45 pm

riggo - I think you're realistic about this franchise, there are many others here that are being unrealistic in their expectations

I hope we win a bunch of games, I just don't see the roster turnover that we need plus there is a pervasive attitude that will take time to get rid of

love to see it happen soon but I think it takes a bit longer

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Fri Apr 17, 2015 3:56 pm

Hog

Postby OldSchool » Sat Apr 18, 2015 12:11 pm

[code][/code]I hope Snyder allows Scot to selects the players and Jay gets to play who he wants this fall. Of special concern is QB, I want Jay to be free to pick his guy. I don't believe that is the case judging by his flip flop saying he was going to compete the position and then shortly afterwards saying Griffin was number 1, in my view Snyder's fingerprints are all over that reversal. Hopefully Gruden will start McCoy or Cousins if they look better in camp than Griffin. Scot thoughtfully selecting the players instead of Snyder and Gruden clearly in charge of his team and modestly improving it. I'd be over the moon happy if Scot and Jay are in charge in 2015.

08 Champ

Postby SkinsJock » Sun Apr 19, 2015 5:42 pm

JSPB22

Postby Deadskins » Mon Apr 20, 2015 8:50 am

HereComesTheDiesel

Postby riggofan » Mon Apr 20, 2015 11:30 am

Return to Hog Wash - Washington Football Team